Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Chicken Fillet Patties

www.thecoffee-break.com


I am always on look out for a new dinner recipes, because let’s be honest, from time to time I feel like I am stuck in a circle by cooking same type of dinner over and over again. 


I do not own a lot of cook books. Just a few books what I took with me from Latvia when I just moved to Ireland and few I bought myself later on. I used to buy lots and lots of cooking magazines, looking for some inspiration.  Some recipes worked well for my family, and I still make them. And some were total fail. You live, you learn. Right?
www.thecoffee-break.com


Nowadays a lot of my inspiration comes from Pinterest. I have to admit, I am slightly addicted to it. Ok ok, I confess, I am addicted a lot. Here I said it : )

But sometimes idea comes from your friends or relatives. Just like this recipe I am about to share. About these chicken patties I first time learned from my friend. Well, actually they were turkey but chicken works as well as turkey. So, we were sitting drinking coffee and chatting about food, as you do, when I might complained told her that I had no idea what to cook that night for dinner. And she suggested I try turkey patties she makes for her family. It is hit in her house, so I thought why not to try as well, just with the chicken instead. 
www.thecoffee-break.com


She told me ingredients she uses and I slightly adapted them, just to suit my family needs.

You need to start by washing chicken fillets than pat them dry with paper towel. After that transfer to chopping board and cut into small pieces. Transfer to a medium size bowl.

Next you need chop the onion, peel and grate the carrot. Transfer to the chicken. Than chop coriander and as well add to the chicken. Next peel one clove of garlic, mince it and add to the chicken. After that add 2 tablespoons of mayo; season with salt and pepper, mix all until combined. Cover the bowl with cling film and put it into fridge for an hour.

After an hour, over medium heat put non-stick frying pan and add oil.

To the chicken add beaten egg and 3 tablespoons of flour. With a spoon (soup spoon), scoop generous amount of chicken mix and add to the hot pan, shaping round patty. Repeat with rest of the chicken mix. You may need to fry them in batches. Fry until golden on both sides and cooked through inside. 
www.thecoffee-break.com


Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut by cooking same thing over and over? If yes, where do you get your inspiration? I would love to hear from you!




Hungry for more? Follow me on Twitter, Instagram , Facebook and Pinterest for latest updates.


Chicken Fillet Patties
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:

3 large chicken fillets

1 onion, chopped

1 carrot, grated

Small bunch of coriander, chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

2 tbs mayo

1 large egg, beaten

3 tbs  all-purpose flour

Salt, pepper to taste

Oil for frying

Method:

1.Wash and pat dry chicken fillets. Than chop them into small cubes and transfer to a medium bowl.

2.Finley chop one onion and grate one carrot. Transfer to the bowl with cubed chicken.

3.Wash and than chop coriander, add it to the bowl with chicken.

4.To the chicken add minced garlic and mayo, season with salt and pepper; stir well and transfer to the fridge for an hour.

5.Over medium heat place non-stick frying pan, add oil.

6.To the chicken add egg and flour, mix all until combined.

7.With spoon (soup spoon), scoop generous amount of chicken mix and put it to the pan, shaping round patty. Repeat with the rest of the mix. You may need to fry them in batches. Fry until golden from both sides and cooked through inside.




1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...