Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bean salad with Lime Dressing



Healthy, colourful and delicious salad. Goes wonderfully with a BBQ or a great variation to your lunchbox.



(Serves 3-4)

Ingredients:

1 can (400 gram) red kidney beans, drained

1 can (400 gram) chickpeas, drained

1 onion, chopped

1 carrot, grated

4 radishes, sliced

For the dressing:

4 tablespoons olive oil

4 tablespoons fresh lime juice

½ teaspoon chilli powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper




Method:

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.

For the dressing: mix oil, lime juice and spices and place in a air tight container; shake well. Chill before serving.

Pour dressing over salad when ready to serve.







Thecoffeebreak on Foodista

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is just beautiful!I cant wait to try this.Your site is really wonderful,I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I love the combo of flavors, lime and beans is delicious together. Thanks for posting this quick lunch, I think I'll try it today!

    You have a great blog, congrats on foodieblogroll.com, thats how I found you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...